Emirates is one of the world’s fastest growing airlines. Based in Dubai, Emirates connects people all over the world to a network of over 150 destinations. Emirates Group started out in 1985 with just two aircraft and handful of enthusiastic people. Now we have a team of over 60,000 and one of the largest fleets in the world. You could be part of our story and join us in our home city, Dubai. Our cosmopolitan team is built by people from over 160 nations. But wherever we’re from, there’s one thing we all share – a passion for travel.
We’re looking for people from across the globe to join our team in a vast range of areas. Be part of Emirates and help us to create the future of travel. Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cargo Manager
Job ID: 200000JQ
- To create maximum awareness in the market and to maintain sales and service standards according to company procedure, in order to optimise revenue, tonnage and yield. Responsible for all aspects of control of export and import operations within the territory.
Job Accountabilities Linked to Objective Areas
- Manage cargo employees in compliance with corporate and local regulations, policies and procedures to ensure the development of a disciplined, skilled and motivated workforce.
- Identify objectives and implement strategies for sales and operational activities within the assigned territory.
- Recommend to Head Office sales policies, pricing and marketing activities relevant to the local market
- Undertake sales and other commercial activities to meet corporate revenue, tonnage and yield objectives.
- Identify and develop new customer segments (e.g. road feeder, offline activities). Negotiate tonnage and revenue agreements with new and existing clients within the region.
- Coordinate with cargo employees, handling agents, airport authorities and other suppliers to ensure that they are conversant with EK’s operational requirements and procedures (including Special Handling) in order to maximise cargo uplifts and optimise the utilisation of capacity with the requisite service standards, cost efficiencies and revenue generation.
- Disseminate information and procedures relating to the acceptance and carriage of air cargo to customers within the territory to ensure compliance with policy and safety standards. Ensure compliance with company and industry rules, policies and procedures for safe, secure and efficient operations.
- Contribute to the compilation and production of annual revenue and expenditure budgets for the department with the objective of increasing productivity and profitability.
- Identify local trends and provide timely feedback on market conditions with respect to pricing and competitor activities.
- Provide periodic reports on commercial contacts, the rate of attainment against objectives and the effectiveness of the station performance (route and point of sale)
- Through pro-active communication, ensure agents and other customers are apprised of Emirates SkyCargo products, services, and e-business capabilities, thereby contributing to enhanced customer service standards, repeat business and customer loyalty.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Experience: Logistics/Cargo.Air Cargo 5+ Years
- Educated to Degree (or equivalent) with at least 5 years experience in a Cargo Operations & Sales environment, including at least 3 years at a supervisory level.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations and Advanced Load Control and currently holds / has previously held licences in these areas
- PC based skills including Microsoft Word/ Excel/ E-mail/ Powerpoint
- Valid driving license
- Fluency in English and the language of the country you are working is essential
- Knowledge of the local area cargo environment
- Proven ability to lead and develop staff
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
Other Job-related Information
- The job holder is also responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment
- Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2021