Imperial College London presents the President’s PhD Scholarship Awards for the 2022/2023 academic year. This scholarship is tailored for foreign students. The grant allows Ph.D., Research level program(s) in the area of all Subjects taught at Imperial College London.
President’s PhD Scholarship – Summary
- Finding Type: Fully Funded
- Awarding Institution: Imperial College London
- Study Level: PhD/Research
- Available Courses: All Subjects
- Eligible Applicants: International Students
- Location: UK
- Deadline: Not Stated
Benefits of President’s PhD Scholarship
Recipients of the President’s PhD Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Total funding for tuition fees for up to 3.5 years.
- An allowance of £21,800 per year to assist with living expenses for about 3.5 years,
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per year for the first 3 years of study for up about 3.5 years.
- A program of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School.
Eligibility for President’s PhD Scholarship
To apply for President’s PhD Scholarship please visit the guidelines below:
- Applicants must be in receipt of, or due to receive, a first-class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification should have attained a distinction or, in a case this has yet to have been achieved, and be able to submit proof of high performance that lead to a distinction.
- Applicants must also have a first-class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are evaluated by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when selecting the winners eligibility).
- Applicants with numerous standalone Master’s qualifications must have attained a distinction in the one most significant to their Ph.D. study.
- Submissions are accepted by talented applicants from Imperial College London, the UK, and globally. There are no constraints on nationality, though some departments may be incapable of supporting international applicants.
- Applicants with degrees from foreign institutions should check for the relevant Admissions team if their scores/grades are corresponding to the scholarship entry condition.
- Previous to applying, applicants must have secured contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has accepted to supervise their research project. Please be informed that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time.
- The program is only accessible to new Ph.D. submissions. Present registered Imperial Ph.D. applicants are not qualified to be considered for a President’s Ph.D. Scholarship.
- Eligible Nationalities: All Nationalities are eligible.
How to Apply for President’s PhD Scholarship
To avail President’s PhD Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- No separate application form for the scholarship. Applicants should submit their application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system.
- The applicant’s department will put the person forward for the scholarship based on academic excellence and prospects.
- Provide a personal statement of 2-page document, personal statement on the first page, and research proposal on the second. You can provide updated versions of this statement if necessary after submission of application, if your department selects you for the scholarship. Please write in the first person and avoid the use of gender pronouns.
- When prompted for the names of 2 referees, these should not contain your proposed Ph.D. supervisor. You are advised to share this guide with your 2 referees, noting, in particular, the recommendation to use ‘they/them’ language (rather than gender pronouns).
- To be selected for the President’s Ph.D. scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the extra questions tab within the online application form.
- Please ensure you also meet any other application prerequisite specified by your department of choice.
- Qualified applicants will be moved on to the next review and selection procedure; please see the deadlines below.