The Nigerian Army (NA) wishes to inform the general public that the Selection Board for Short Service Combatant (SSC) 47 / 2021 will take place from 16th January to 5th February 2021 at Falgore Training Area in Kano State.
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Short Service Combatant Course 47 / 2021 Selection Board
General Instructions to Candidates
- Shortlisted SSC Candidates are to report to the venue on 16th January 2021 with the following:
- Writing materials including ruler and eraser.
- 2 pairs of plain white short sleeve vests.
- 2 pairs of navy blue shorts.
- Canvas shoes/trainers and white socks.
- Set of cutleries including plates and drinking cups.
- Beddings to include, blankets, bedspreads and pillow cases.
- 4 copies of full size colour photographs at standing position in suit.
- The Selection Board will involve physical, medical and academic tests. There will also be an oral interview for all candidates.
- Candidates will be required to produce original and photocopies of the following:
- All academic/professional certificates including degree/HND, WASC/GCE or equivalent, testimonials, NYSC Discharge or valid Exemption Certificate as applicable in a file jacket.
- Valid birth certificate as endorsed by the National Population Commission, hospital, Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
- Valid certificate of state of origin.
- Military Identity Card (for Service personnel).
- Letter of recommendation by the commanding officer for military personnel.
- Letter of sponsorship in tertiary academic institution for military personnel.
- Printed Bank Verification Number (BVN) certificate authenticated by a bank.
- Completed copies of the print outs from the portal including referee forms.
- Candidates are to note that any alteration on their documents will render the documents invalid and eventually lead to disqualification.
- Candidates will be fed and accommodated for the duration of the interview.
- Candidates would be responsible for their transportation to and from the interview venue.
- The use of personal/private vehicles will not be allowed throughout the duration of the interview.
- Visitors will not be allowed throughout the duration of the interview.
- Shortlisted SSC Candidates will report at Nigerian Army Training Area in Falgore Kano State on 16 January 2021 from 8 am. Candidates who arrive later than 9am on 17 January 2021 will be disqualified.
- A high standard of discipline is expected from all candidates. Candidates who violate any instructions during the selection board would be disqualified.
Direction to Falgore Nigerian Army Training Area: The Falgore Army Training Area can be accessed through 3 main approaches as follows:
- From Kano – Kaduna. Veer off at Tiga Junction straight to Falgore Training Area.
- From Zaria – Kano. After Makarfi, turn right at Kwanar Dangora straight to Falgore Training Area.
- From Jos – Kano. Veer off at Unguwan Bawa Junction, Saminaka, straight to Falgore Training Area.
Note: The Nigerian Army shall not be liable for any injuries/death recorded in the course of the selection interview