No one loves to visit a doctor but no matter how fit and healthy a person is, he or she is bound to experience any of these most common diseases. In a world where health problems are growing day after day, this list of common microbial ailments and viral infections has been reported to remain consistent in the past few decades. The rates at which they affect the global population today is already high but it is anticipated to increase even more in the upcoming years. Shockingly, some of these health conditions are so common that about 83% of the hospitals in the world make a huge income from their affected patients. It is worth noting these 100 common diseases and the way they can be prevented as well as treated with effective home remedies.
100 Home Remedies for Most Common Diseases &Their Treatments
The diseases given below are very common, but if left untreated, they can have severe implications. So, it is vital to treat them naturally and as early as possible. The list is arranged in the reverse chronological order with the most common diseases in the first few pages followed by the fatal (yet common) ones in the last.
100. Home Remedies for Common Cold
Fact: On an average, an adult experience 2 – 3 episodes of cold per year whereas a child may have 6 – 10. Cold is one of the leading causes for the most number of doctor visits. Survey reports claim that cold is so common worldwide that every year it causes an estimated 123+ million lost days from school and 116+ million lost days from work. Overall, there is a $92+ billion productivity loss and the discomfort it causes can make a person miserable. So, there are valid reasons why treating common cold should be on the top of your to-do list.
- Step 1: Grind ½ teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon of dried ginger, and fresh neem leaves (select tender ones) in a mixer-blender.
- Step 2: Dry the ground mixture in the shade. Once dry, consume them two times a day to get rid of common cold.
- Step 1: Boil 6 – 7 tablespoons of ginger (freshly grated) in 3 cups of water for 10 – 15 minutes. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder if you want.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and allow it to cool down a bit. Before drinking, add a few drops of honey and lemon juice for flavor. Drink twice a day to get rid of cold.
99. Home Remedies for Cough
Fact: If a cough seems simple to you, then think again because according to World Health Organization, whooping cough causes an estimated 2 – 3 million deaths every year. After the incubation phase of 5 – 20 days, the cough infection turns very contagious. It spreads via bacteria-infected saliva droplets. So, each time the patient sneezes or coughs, others around him or her inhale and can get infected. Prolonged bouts of coughing in babies can be deadly — if it exceeds the 3-week duration, it can cause breathing problems, pneumonia, brain damage, seizures, and even death.
- Step 1: Boil 1 cup of fresh basil leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Wait until the quantity boils down to 1 cup.
- Step 2: Filter the mixture and add a few drops of honey. Drink it warm.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh fenugreek leaves with 6 – 8 raisins and ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity boils down to one cup. Strain and drink when it is warm.
Click here for complete remedies for cough
98. Home Remedies for Fever
Fact: Fever is not a disease. It is the natural way for the body to protect against infections. Fever is not dangerous, but if left untreated, it can lead to something severe. It is often mistaken and associated with hyperthermia (an illness where the body temperatures rise seriously high). But fever is a completely different condition. However, if the person suffers from a fever of 104°F for 3 days or it doesn’t subside after trying home remedies, consult a doctor immediately.
- Step 1: Chop 1 – 2 garlic clove and boil in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the mixture and sip when it is warm.
- Step 3: Drink the mixture two times a day and you’ll feel better.
- Step 1: Crush a few peppermint leaves and boil in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey and a pinch of black pepper powder. Drink the mixture when it is warm. Follow this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for relief from fever.
Click here for complete remedies for fever
97. Home Remedies for Headache
Fact: Headaches are one of the most common diseases of the nervous system. At some point or the other, we all suffer from a headache. Though headaches are classified into many types, the most common headache people tend to suffer is associated with stress.
Globally, about 5% of 7-year-old kids and 75% of 15-year-old teens suffer from frequent headaches. If adults are included, the percentage is higher. A headache that occasionally occurs due to stress is not dangerous but if it is recurring, it could be a sign of a migraine.
- Step 1: Take fresh betel leaves and grind them with a few drops of water to make a smooth paste.
- Step 2: Apply the betel leaves the paste on your forehead and temples to relieve a headache.
- Step 1: Crush some dry cloves and tie them in a handkerchief.
- Step 2: Whenever you have a headache, smell the aroma of the crushed cloves to feel better instantly.
Click here for complete remedies for headache
96. Home Remedies for Stomach Pain
Fact: Stomachache or stomach pain is yet another common health problem that one experiences at least once or multiple times in a year. It prevents the person from enjoying a good meal and the pain can be unbearable at times.
Pain in the stomach is always an indication of an underlying
problem like indigestion, food poisoning, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), food allergies, stomach flu, injuries, etc. However, the most common reason is due to either indigestion or food poisoning. Recurring Stomachaches need to be checked by a doctor.
- Step 1: Squeeze 2 lemons to extract the juice. Mix it with a glass of water.
- Step 2: Crush a piece of ginger and add it to the water. Add a pinch of black salt.
- Step 3: Stir the mixture well and drink to overcome the stomach pain (it works if it is due to indigestion).
- Step 1: Take a few tender or newly growing mango leaves. Wash them properly and dry them.
- Step 2: Once dry, grind the leaves into powder form. Consume 1 teaspoon of this powder with honey.
95. Home Remedies for Acidity or GERD
Fact: Reports and statistics from Healthline estimate that acidity, scientifically known as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), is a problem that about 60% of the global adult population experiences at least once in a year whereas the remaining 40% suffers from it weekly. It is also shocking to know that besides adults, even children experience it. Occasional acidity is not a serious concern but frequent GERD surely is.
- Step 1: Chop a few pieces of ginger and boil in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity boils down to 1 cup, filter it and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Boil a teaspoon of chamomile petals (dried) with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey and lemon juice to it. Drink when it is warm.
Click here for complete remedies for acidity
94. Natural Remedies for Obesity or Overweight
Fact: One of the most common health issues the whole world suffers is obesity or overweight. According to EASO (European Association for the Study of Obesity), the problem of obesity has doubled since the 1980s. It is the cause of most major problems like cholesterol, heart attacks, and strokes.
More than 1.5 billion adult populations in the world are obese and the numbers are increasing every minute. Obesity is the world’s fifth leading cause of death and an estimated 2.8+ million adults die every year. Being overweight is no fun. It is a serious problem, which requires serious attention and quick remedy.
- Step 1: Boil some green tea leaves in water or get a green tea bag and dip it in hot water.
- Step 2: Drink a cup of green tea every day to lose weight. A study done at Penn State University claimed that a compound named epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) in natural green tea limits the absorption of fat and speeds the body’s capability to utilize fat.
- Step 1: Eating 5 to 7 curry leaves (fresh) every morning is a well-known Ayurvedic remedy to overcome obesity.
- Step 2: Repeat the remedy for a month or two, at least on alternate days for best results. Curry leaves have a natural alkaloid named mahanimbine, which exhibits lipid-lowering and anti-obesity properties; thus, helping the body lose weight and reducing the overall triglycerides as well as cholesterol levels.
Click here for complete detox recipes for weight loss
93. Home Remedies for Back Pain
Fact: Back pain or Low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common health conditions that affects an individual multiple times in his or her lifetime. As a person ages, it becomes recurrent. According to medlineplus, out of 10, an estimated 8 individuals suffer from back pain. The global cost linked with back pain treatment exceeds $25 billion every year. Back pain should never be taken lightly. Most back pains fade away within a month but if it lasts for three months or more, it is chronic and requires proper medical care.
- Step 1: Boil 10 to 12 fresh basil leaves in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once it boils down to half the quantity, allow the mixture to warm.
- Step 3: Strain and add a pinch of salt. Drink twice a day if you have mild back pain.
- Step 1: A simple exercise like walking can help reduce back pain.
- Step 2: Walk for 30 minutes daily in the mornings, but do it in moderation. If the pain is severe, discuss with a doctor.
Click here for complete remedies for Back pain
92. Home Remedies for Neck Pain
Fact: Like Lower Back Pain, even neck pain is one of the common health conditions an individual suffers in his or her lifetime. On a global scale, out of 10, an estimated 5 people experience neck pain, whose symptoms can range from mild to severe. According to reports, women between the ages 18 and 64 get frequent neck pains when compared to men. It occurs due to poor posture, stress and sitting for long hours. About 85% of the pain emerges from the joints, ligaments, and muscles.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh vitex negundo leaves. Add a few drops of sesame oil to it.
- Step 2: Once slightly warm, take a clean cloth, dip it in the mixture, and apply to the neck pain.
- Step 3: Repeating the remedy three times a week will help gain relief from the pain faster.
- Step 1: Do a slow-motion neck exercise – side to side, ear to ear, and up & down. This will help stretch and free the neck muscles.
- Step 2: Alternatively, massaging the neck will also do the trick.
Click here for complete remedies for Neck pain
91. Home Remedies for Dandruff
Fact: Dandruff is one of the most common health conditions. It affects 50% of the global population. It is not a serious disease. It is more a skin condition than a disease, where the skin cells flake and let new ones form in their place. These dead cells are so minute that it is hard for a person to notice through the naked eye. They shed at the surface when new skin cells begin to appear. This is a continuous process, which usually goes unnoticed.
- Step 1: Mix white pepper powder, sweet flag root powder, and lippia leaves powder in a small bowl. Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of this mixed powder and add adequate amounts of sesame oil to it.
- Step 2: Apply this on your scalp and massage. Leave for an hour and wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat the remedy twice a week to get rid of dandruff naturally.
- Step 1: Take some fresh Cynodon grass and extract its juice.
- Step 2: Mix some drops of pure coconut oil to it and warm slightly.
- Step 3: Use it before bedtime on alternate days to reduce dandruff.
Click here for complete remedies for dandruff
90. Home Remedies for Asthma
Fact: Asthma is one of the chronic and most common diseases that occurs in the lung airways. It causes wheezing, tightness in the chest, and coughing. Aaaai.org reports that about 300 million individuals around the globe have asthma and this count is predicted to increase by a 100 million more in the year 2025. An estimated 250,000 asthma deaths occur every year. Fortunately, the condition is avoidable if the correct remedies are applied.
- Step 1: Take some fresh betel leaves and extract its juice. Soak a few pieces of black pepper into the prepared betel leaves juice for two days.
- Step 2: Dry the mixture and powder it. Tale ½ teaspoon of it and mix it with a few drops of honey. Eat this two times a day (morning and night) after meals.
- Step 1: Boil 4 – 5 dry cloves in a cup of water. Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey for flavor.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture twice a week for a month for best results.
Click here for complete remedies for asthma
89. Home Remedies for Pimples
Fact: Pimples or acne is yet another most common skin condition that affects more than 65% of the global population. It is more commonly seen in teenagers than adults. Pimple breakouts in the early stage require treatment. If left untreated, they can turn to a chronic skin problem called acne, which are often characterized by deeper, painful lumps, scars, whiteheads, blackheads, etc. Shockingly, the embarrassment leads to anxiety and depression. According to American Academy of Dermatology, an estimated 85% people between the age groups 12 & 24 experience minor acne at least once. The global cost linked with pimple or acne treatment exceeds $3 billion.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of green gram powder with lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
- Step 2: Apply on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Step 1: Take some fresh basil leaves and grind them with a little water to form a paste.
- Step 2: Apply the paste directly on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Then, wash off.
Click here for complete remedies for pimples
88. Natural remedies for Freckles
Fact: Freckles are often mistaken for moles and pimples; however, they are different. Freckles are clusters of melanized cells that are easily visible on individuals with a very fair complexion. They are most commonly seen on the face, arms, and shoulders. Freckles turn darker during summer times and fade away in the winter. Freckles are not a serious concern, but fair-skinned people are likely to have skin cancer. So, it is vital to watch out for too many color-changing, larger freckles, as they can be dangerous.
- Step 1: Grind some fresh touch-me-not plant leaves with a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Step 2: Apply this on your freckles regularly to get rid of them.
- Step 1: Grind 3 – 4 betel leaves with 2 – 3 garlic cloves in a mixer-grinder.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the freckles regularly to get rid of them.
Click here for complete remedies for Freckles
87. Home Remedies for Toothache
Fact: Toothaches are one of the most common dental problems people around the world experience. Though there are various causes of tooth pain, the common reasons include dental trauma, tooth decay, dental abscess, and extraction. Also, unhealthy eating habits, smoking
Leave a Reply