Graceco Limited – We are a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. We are a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
In our company you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Alagbado, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: HSE Manager
- As a manufacturing company, safety is a necessity for the organisation and the employees, to this effect a HSE Officer is needed that will ensure everyone’s compliance with health and safety laws in the company.
- The HSE officer will carry out the day to day operations of HSE department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the HSE manager.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
Facility Specific Responsibilities
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Implement and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements, including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HSE manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant should have degree/HND in relevant field
- Applicant must be able to coach and train other junior staff
- Applicant must have a relevant certification in HSE
- Applicant must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicant should have minimum of 1 year experience as a HSE personnel in a manufacturing company
- Applicant must be a computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the subject title “HSE Officer”.
- Application Deadline 29th January, 2021
Leave a Reply